An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Senior Finance Manager to join team Hashtag Generation, a fast-growing non-profit organization based in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
#GENERATION requires an energetic self-starter with excellent financial management and accounting skills to join the team. The key duties of this role will be to manage and develop the finance and accounting department, monitor and control financial performance, compile and present high quality financial management information to the Senior Management and ensure statutory reporting and compliance obligations are met. Particularly in the initial stages, there will be considerable need and opportunity to contribute to upgrading the finance function for the organization’s recent and planned expansion.
- Leads the annual organizational budgeting process
- Leads the process of producing project-based budgets for donors, including allocation of overheads/central costs to budgets
- Prepares forecast financial information to enable financial planning and decision-making
- Contributes financial expertise to strategic planning
- Maintains financial records in accordance with appropriate auditing standards and accounting principles and as needed for accurate internal reporting
- Oversees the approval and processing of expenditure, department budgets, payroll and other financial accounts
- Supervises the Cashier, responsible for appropriate cash handling and banking arrangements
- Produces high quality monthly financial reports for the Executive Management Team including budget to actual comparisons, key performance indicators, breakdowns of income and expenses, forecasts, analysis of grants and project budgets, cash position and cash adequacy forecasts
- Supports the reporting of financial information to the main Board of Hashtag Generation
Accounting and external reporting
- Ensures compliance with domestic regulations in respect of tax, accounting and payroll
- Maintains/oversees external relationships with tax authorities, bankers, regulatory bodies and others
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- A professional accounting qualification and finance experience (minimum 7 years), including significant management experience (minimum 3 years)
- Previous experience in the non-profit/development sector (minimum 5 years) and in dealing with complex donor financing arrangements, strongly preferred
- Experience of analyzing and presenting complex financial information, preparation of project and organizational budgets, phasing of budgets, and monitoring actual to budgeted performance
- Ability to quickly understand and manipulate financial information to provide high quality financial reports appropriate for use by the Executive Management team and Board
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible, innovative, independent thinker, ability to operate in a fast-paced and changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment, problem-solver
- Confidence in dealing with senior management within an organization and with external parties
- Excellent spoken and written English and Sinhala and/or Tamil is advantageous
- The subject of the email should be the vacancy title along with the name of the applicant.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline – 15th January 2021